Position to be filled
LAC Social Worker
* To undertake statutory social work with children who are Looked After, providing support, assessment of their ongoing and changing needs and interventions which will secure their welfare
* To undertake assessments of the needs of children, their families and formulate plans for those children in accordance with statutory responsibilities and departmental policies.
* Attend any Court hearings as appropriate and give evidence when necessary.
* To ensure timescales are met for Court reports and panel papers when necessary
* To ensure each child has a detailed Care Plan which can be presented to Review, in consultation with the team manager.
* To promote placement stability and permanence for looked after children.
* To maximise the life chances of looked after children through education, health care and leisure opportunities