Health, Safety and Environmental Representative
Location: Basildon, Essex
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
Hours: Monday to Thursday 7:30am - 4:30pm and Friday 7:30am - 2pm
Position: Permanent, Full time
Reporting to the General Manager, the position involves managing the day-to-day duties of HS&E, including line management of a small team of facilities assistants.
- Maintain and review legal register and ensure the business is compliant with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, ISO 14001: 2004; keeping various records of monitoring and performance.
- Prepare and review any procedures and guidance notes re HS&&E
- Carry out fire risk assessments for all areas.
- Audit scheduling and maintenance.
- Liaison with accreditation bodies.
Administration / Records and Statistics
- Maintain Health & Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Maintaining COSHH and risk assessment databases.
- Organise and arrange meetings, presentations and training sessions.
- Keep records of accidents, training and water sampling.
- Produce all required records in the event of any claim.
- Compile HS&E performance metrics and statistics.
- Management of services and processes to support the core business.
- Ensure the premises are maintained to a high standard, offering the most suitable working environment for employees and their activities.
- Waste Management including Hazardous waste disposal.
- Environmental, Energy consumption and reviews.
- The ability to present training, including, but not limited to:
- Manual handling, COSHH, risk assessment, waste management, fire awareness, emergency spills.
- Friendly, willing personality and good telephone manner. Good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Accurate & timely record keeping.
- Good computer literacy.
- Good administrative, planning and presentation skills.
- NEBOSH qualified (an advantage)
- ISO 14001 Qualification or previous experience.
- Trained Auditor
- Strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail and reliability.
- Proactive and innovative.
- To work effectively on your own and as part of a team, with a positive 'can-do’ attitude.
- The ability to prioritise workload.
- The ability to work well and accurately in a time-constrained and pressured environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- This position may include visiting our other sites in the UK.
- Hold a current clean driving license.