Electrical Design Engineer / Electrical Product Development Engineer required in Farnborough for our Client, who are a leading manufacturer of products and equipment used predominately in the food, FMCG and pharma industry.
The Electrical Design Engineer MUST have proven experience with electrical engineering principles and able to create and conceptualise solutions to overcome their customers' challenges. The role will be full product lifecycle from working concepts and prototypes, before developing and refining them into detailed production ready designs.
Electrical Design Engineer Position Overview
- Design and development of existing products, prototype products as well as sub-systems that will incorporate both mechanical and electrical parts / components, acting as the lead for electrical systems.
- Producing electrical schematics, 3D modelling, layout and detailed designs using Solidworks.
- Collaborate within the Research & Development team to ensure success and that all products comply with required external certification.
- Support the production and manufacturing team with any trouble-shooting during the testing phase, undertake any further analysis and calculations if required. Update and manage the bill of materials for accurate costing for components and assembly.
- Update the product lifecycle and product data management system.
Electrical Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Designed and development products used in a manufacturing and production environment such as food equipment, capital equipment, instrumentation or machinery.
- Experience with concept designs, as well as existing design development.
- Experienced with Solidworks, for 2D, 3D and electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of the following design standards Machinery Directive 60204 and 13849-1. Also BS-EN- 61326 (EMC).
- Knowledge of industrial electrical systems - PLC's, control panels, sensors etc.)
- Confident working with a wide variety of electrical components, reading, interpreting and developing electrical drawings.
- Based within a commutable distance of Farnborough.
Electrical Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Salary range of £40-45K, depending on experience
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Working hours 08:30 till 17:00 (flex start and finish time)
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.