Graduate Mechanical Engineer
£Competitive DOE, Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance and 20 days’ holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything they do and have big plans for the future.
Our client is on a mission to help protect the planet by working together with thousands of food service businesses to ensure that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. They are now looking for Graduate Mechanical Engineer to work as part of their team in Liverpool and help them to continue to do things the right way.
As the Mechanical Engineer, you will be a fundamental part of the team and you will support the smooth running of our client’s Biodiesel plant, Used Cooking Oil (UCO) processing site and our anaerobic digestion (AD) plant. You’ll assist the Project Team responsible for new production processes, including design, commissioning and start-up activities as well as continuous improvement projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that environmental, health and safety requirements are met
- Delivering engineering solutions for customers as part of a team or individually
- Taking ownership of plant and process activities
- Performing design calculations and/or analysis
- Supplier engagement and management
- High quality report writing and presentation preparation
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Good problem-solving skills and root cause analysis
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- The ability to work with minimal supervision (self-starter)
- The ability to work to and consistently meet deadlines
This is the role that’s on offer for the right person:
- Be challenged and rewarded in equal measure
- The chance to play a key role in the success of a Liverpool depot
Why join our client?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help them to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- They’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- They provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride themselves on promoting from within
What is expected of each other:
- That each act like owners of this growing business
- You collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be – especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
What is our client looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but they don’t expect you to have everything from the start! They will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp their business and take them forward.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Graduate Mechanical Engineer, please apply via the button shown.