A fantastic opportunity has arisen with one of the world leaders in its sector, the company offer 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, also a fantastic pension scheme matching upto 8% plus life and salary protection and uniform.
This role involves preventative and routine maintenance work also liaising with contractors and communicating both internally & externally in an efficient & professional manner.
To complete all aspects of day to day maintenance activities and rectification of building/plant defects to ensure operational safety; maximise OEE while conforming to quality standards including 5S improvements.
As part of the team of maintenance engineers you will be required to undertake both planned & reactive maintenance tasks, these tasks will need to be prioritised based on smartsheet & PM schedule requirements.
You will be able to demonstrate sound electrical/electronic and mechanical skills and you will have a proven background in a manufacturing environment.
Direct Manager : Maintenance Supervisor
- Manage and control all maintenance activities on shift.
- Ensure that agreed standards within the maintenance function are met.
- Minimise downtime and improve OEE.
- Complete Planned maintenance work dictated by the PM schedule.
- Liaise with Purchasing Department with respect to the supply of appropriate parts.
- Liaising with operational team & maintenance supervisor.
- Provide knowledge & support for improvement projects
- Record all completed work in IT platforms.
- Comply with appropriate health, safety, environmental & quality policies, procedures, instructions and statutory legislation.
Leadership & People Management
- Develop a good working relationship with the maintenance team and shift managers
- Ensure that all Company employment relations policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop and foster good working relationships with peers and related functions
Health & Safety
- Effectively ensure that all health & safety regulations and practices are met and adhered to for the safety of employees
- Report all accidents and safety related issues using the near miss procedure and LOTO if required
- Be actively involved in developing and improving risk assessments and become a GRA trainer.
Note - this job description is a general guide to the above role and is not indicative of all the activities and functions of the job holder which vary from time to time according to the needs of the business and as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
5. Required competencies
Skills & Experiences
- Competent with relevant IT platforms.
- Previous Experience of working to Planned Maintenance Schedules
- Able to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings (Schematics)
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable on statutory requirements relevant to the position
- Engineering Qualification: City & Guilds P2-P3, or Technician T3-T4, ONC or HNC in Engineering
- Alternatively: Engineering Apprenticeship, NVQ3 (Skilled) or any other relevant training program i.e. Forces training
- Engineering Experience: Multi-skilled experienced mechanical engineer with good electrical skills, ideally 3 years within a manufacturing environment
- Plastics processing/Injection moulding experience is advantageous
Working Hours: 37.5 hrs
14:00 - 22:00 Mon - Fri