Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
We are currently exclusively working with a growing manufacturing organisation based in Blackburn who are looking for a talented EHS Manager / H&S Manager to join their team.
My client is a leading name in the manufacturing world with multiple sites across the UK and Europe. They have a strong order book and plans to substantially grow the site over the next few years, investing in an eight figure £multimillion project.
- Contribute to the development of SHE strategy and take responsibility for delivering it through a partnership approach with key stakeholders in the Company.
- Create and implement a comprehensive suite of SHE policies and procedures that meet statutory, regulatory, and corporate requirements and are aligned with OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001 / ISO 14001.
- Promote an inclusive SHE culture in all areas of the company through employee involvement at all levels.
- Coach and support line managers in day to day SHE matters.
- Introduction and management of the Safety Champions & Reps programme.
- Develop and implement a SHE training programme to meet mandatory requirements, refresher, and behavioural development.
- Advise on all PPE requirements across site.
- Maintain and develop risk assessments working with key stakeholders to ensure they are relevant and up to date.
- Control and monitor the waste streams: recycling, hazardous and general waste.
- Ensure COSHH is maintained and relevant.
- Conduct internal SHE audits.
- Liaise with HR on the provision of the occupational health service and health surveillance activities.
- Ensure the full investigation of all incidents, accidents and near misses to determine root cause, corrective action and provide organisational learning.
- Work with other product companies within the division to ensure the consolidated sustainability targets are met.
- Represent the Company in the ITBA SHEQ network and participate in quarterly network calls
- Carry out safety audits on Sub-contractors. ETC
- Ensure Environmental Agency PPC permit conditions are met
- 5 years' minimum in a H&S Manager / EHS Manager or similar position previously
- NEBOSH qualification
- £50,000 to £60,000 dependent on experience
- Pension matched up to 10%
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- + More benefits