Position: Senior Engineer Location: Bristol Salary – Negotiable
An excellent job opportunity for a Senior engineer who has reinforced concrete (RC frames) experience to work in Bristol on one of Europe’s largest projects with a project value worth over £2.8 billion.
This will be working for two of Europe's most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, who are working together in a joint venture to deliver the main civil engineering on the amazing project.
This sensational project has already broken the UK record for the largest continuous concrete pour of 9,000m3 of concrete!What you will be doing?
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for the technical delivery of an area of site reporting into the Project Engineer, with a team of engineers. You will be responsible for coordination between the site needs and suppliers. You will conduct a technical review of TW designs, designs brief development/reviews, material management, quality, and safety. Key responsibilities:
Temporary Works Responsibilities:
- Managing an engineering team assigned to a building/s to create and sustain a culture of “right first time” while adhering to Nuclear Safety
- Responsible for ensuring all site operations are controlled by safe systems of work defined within internally and externally approved method statements, risk assessments, task sheets and procedures.
- Managing the engineering team in the process of completing the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP)
- Ensures an appropriate design change system is implemented and information is available to enable efficient procurement of materials and subcontractors and for the construction of the works.
- Works with procurement to ensure the most appropriate materials, product, plant, and systems are purchased for the project ensuring programme delays are avoided.
- Evaluates alternative solutions to determine I they are more effective than current methods
- Utilises 3D modelling to develop methods, clarify issues and resolve method related problems
- Is instrumental in finding alternative solutions to existing methods and practices to improve productivity, quality or safety helping to create best practice.
- Prepares detailed design briefs so that design is right first time
- Information and change control – raise RFIs and technical queries with the responsible designer. Ensures that the correct information is understood and at the workface
What do you get in return….
- Carries out the role of at least Deputy Temporary Works Coordinator (TWC) for projects involving complex temporary works ensuring compliance with company procedures.
- Checks design output to ensure information is clear, achievable, buildable, conforms to preferred methods and is available to enable procurement and construction of the works
- Works in a construction environment and uses their knowledge and skills of design to inform their decisions.
- Prepares detailed design briefs so that the design is right first time
- Approves temporary works designs prepared by others amending and improving as required
An excellent competitive salary along with industry leading benefits. You will also gain valuable experience working on this signature project and be part of this prestigious legacy, working on one of the largest renewable energy projects to be built in Europe!
If you would like to hear more about the position, then we'd love to hear from you.
“People Group is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to promoting an inclusive environment for both our clients