We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Pre-Tenancy Outreach Worker working with clients experiencing homelessness in Derby. Joining us on a part-time basis, working 20 hours per week, you will receive a competitive salary of £19,000 - £22,000 per annum pro rata.
Action Housing is a Registered Charity and Housing Provider. Action offers support to vulnerable individuals and families, enabling them to establish and maintain a home and empowers tenants to recognise what they can do by supporting them to develop the skills they need for their long-term independence.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who have the passion to deliver on our vision of supporting people out of Homelessness.
The Pre-Tenancy Outreach Worker will offer direct support to those who are homeless, helping them to exit this lifestyle as quickly and safely as possible; and in doing so maintain and build effective partnerships with multi-agencies.
This project is aimed at working with multiple complex need clients where other service interventions have failed. This client group will have a history of non-engagement and repeated failed tenancies. You will be working with the clients on an outreach basis, where you will be delivering support around their pre-tenancy work and making sure there is a smooth transition from homelessness to their own supported accommodation. You will also be supporting the rest of the team to deliver a full wrap-around support approach. The support that is offered is a flexible approach to meet client needs and will focus on harm reduction and trauma-informed practice.
Benefits available to ourPre-Tenancy Outreach Worker include:
- Mileage and Expenses
- 25 days + 8 BH, rising to 28 days + 8 BH with continuous service
- Early finish on Fridays
- Casual Dress
- Free Parking
- Free Tea and Coffee
- Westfield Employee Assistance
- Paid breaks
- Microsoft Service Pro + iPhone Work Mobile
Responsibilities as ourPre-Tenancy Outreach Worker will include:
- Offering outreach support on street level to those who are sleeping rough or at risk of returning to rough sleeping
- Working unsociable hours (early mornings and evenings) to offer and identify urgent support to those who are vulnerable
- Working in partnership with Derby Homes to help reduce the number of rough sleepers and assisting with presenting options in order for them to make an informed decision around their housing solutions
- Acting as individual ‘Support Worker’ to a group of identified people, taking lead responsibility within the service for the coordination and delivery of their support
- Working within the confines of Action’s policies and service-specific style of operation
- Liaising with multi-agencies regarding cases and referrals
- Participating in the staff team’s provision of individual support and needs assessment, including risk assessment, advice, emotional support and practical assistance
- Keeping appropriate records of interventions with people we support and inform other staff of relevant issues
- Facilitating regular consultation and action to enable people we support to make decisions concerning their resettlement options with a view to independent living
- Assisting in arranging appointments with the relevant professionals e.g. Social Workers, Probation Officers, Medical Staff
- Providing advice and assistance to people we support on personal budgeting, debt management and claims for welfare benefits
What we’re looking for in ourPre-Tenancy Outreach Worker:
- Minimum 1-year experience of working with one of the following client groups: offenders, young people, substance users, people with mental health issues or domestic abuse survivors
- At least 12 months experience of delivering housing related support, with an understanding of housing law and local knowledge of housing options and services
- Demonstrates an understanding of the issues facing this client group, and has a dedication to improving the lives of vulnerable people
- Ability to engage clients who are unmotivated and be a key influencer with the ability to be flexible in their approach to suit the client
- An understanding of the social, emotional and vulnerability of the service users supported by this team
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality, risk management, safeguarding and GDPR
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join us as our Pre-Tenancy Outreach Worker, then please click apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check