We have an excellent opportunity for a Trainee Claims Handler to come and join our Claims team based in Belfast. This is a full-time, hybrid role and the successful candidate would Ideally have an insurance background.
About the opportunity:
This role is to provide administrative support to the MIDAS claims team. Your main responsibility will be to ensure everything you do is compliant with legal obligations and to maintain SLA’s.
- Taking first notification of loss from policyholders.
- Reporting and logging claims correspondence to relevant parties within prescribed timeframes
- Appointing and authorising adjusters, contractors, or engineers as appropriate
- Ensure the department KPI's are achieved for post handling, telephone handling and claims processing.
- Prepare invoices and other payment requests for authorisation and payment, receiving payments of recovered monies and ensure these are provided for authorisation with all appropriate supporting documentation.
- Maintain paper and computer files and control incoming correspondence
- Prepare files for referral to loss adjusters or other third party agent
- Typing and general clerical duties as required
- To maintain effective relationships with clients, suppliers, and insurer partners
- To actively support claims handlers within the department to ensure adequate resources are available
- To be proactive in your approach, identifying areas for improvement and making such recommendations to the Claims Team Manager
- To attend all training workshops in a timely manner, demonstrating a good level of concentration and participation
Qualifications and Experience:
- Have a good level of general education
- CII would be beneficial but is not essential
- Proficiency using MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Be able to work without close supervision
- Be able to communicate well at all levels
Along with the great people you would be working with in this role, we offer an excellent set of benefits which would include the following:
- Employer pension contribution of 6% (providing you, the Employee provides 2%)
- Life Assurance at X4 of your base salary
- Group Income Protection
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible benefits
- Study support options available
- Progression opportunities throughout the Group