A fantastic job opportunity has arisen for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer with proven experience in automotive to join a highly skilled team for a global business in Erdington.
This opportunity is gong to suit someone with experience of assembly and testing, is process driven and enjoys both the hands-on part of the role as well as the documentation and best practice.
So we need a good all-rounder as the team is multi-functional.
This team has a fab manager who trusts his team and likes his team to work with autonomy once up and running.
Also the work itself is extremely varied and you are heavily involved in new product development and design.
Salary = £35-40,000 per annum
Hours = Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm – Finish at 4:00pm on Friday
Benefits = Bonus scheme, 25 days holiday, pension, sick pay
- Working as part of a small, well established manufacturing support team
- Working closely with Technical Supports, Quality Engineers and Maintenance Engineers acting in a trouble shooting role to support production - assembly and test processes.
- Identify process improvements within the manufacturing environment and implement changes identified to improve productivity and quality.
- Perform PFMEA’s and work to no-fault forward production plan
- Examining and tendering for new assembly and test equipment to ensure the highest quality and most cost effective production methods.
- Equipment use including automated assembly, Leak Decay Test Rigs & Electrical Performance Test Rigs
- Liaise with Special Purpose Equipment suppliers on design, build, commissioning and pass off of new equipment.
- Keeping up to date with current fixturing, assembly and test technologies within manufacturing industry.
- Liaising with design and development departments to ensure project deadline are met for new products and modifications to existing processes.
- Ensuring department goals and key objectives are tracked and achieved.
- Supervising sub-contractors and ensuring effective communication in order to avoid errors.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Has proven experience with assembly and testing
- Has automotive manufacturing experience
- Need to have strong electrical knowledge (Siemens, Mitsubishi) as is replacing member of the team who is retiring who has the electrical expert
- Knowledge of DC Torque Controllers, part sensing and vision systems is desirable
- HNC in engineering is desirable
As you can see this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
So if you are local to Birmingham, have the required experience and want to join a company that is going through an exciting period of growth then do not hesitate and apply today.