Brief Role Description:
Due to continued growth, our client a is seeking a Service Engineer who will be responsible for the installation, commissioning and servicing of materials handling equipment, ancillary equipment & jigs & fixtures into plastics manufacturing environments.
Ideally applicants will be either within a Service Engineer role or be a competent Maintenance Technician/Maintenance Engineer with good mechanical engineering experience & qualifications (minimum C&G) and hold 16th or 17th edition electrical regulations certificate.
- Good teamwork skills with an ability to perform as a flexible team member with a clear focus on achieving objectives
- Good project management skills with the ability to manage time
- Flexible attitude to work and be able to adapt quickly to change
- The ability to investigate, understand and solve equipment/system problems
- The ability to act as a key interface between the company and client.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines
- A self-starter/proactive with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to work away from home is essential
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to build clear and concise service/engineering reports
- Full and clean driving license
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering HNC, time-served apprenticeship or equivalent qualification Required experience:
- Installation, service and repair of electro-mechanical machinery preferably within the plastics industry, moulding industry or materials handling sector.
- Prior experience working within hi-volume manufacturing or automation environment.
- Performing tasks under pressure to meet production requirements
- Building and maintain good working relations
- Ability to identify areas of improvement for customers
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply to send a copy of your full CV - or call us now.
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions - Therefore, If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK