This is a development opportunity for either a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer who has experience of Gas Safety and would like to work as Gas Safety Engineer. Your role as Gas Safety Engineer is toprovide on-going technical support to our customers following installation of new and aftermarket equipment, then you will support with things like troubleshooting and repairs throughout the life cycle of the equipment. For us its "Customer First" so it won’t be just how skilled you are but how you represent us, communicate and care for our customer, that matters. From the moment you join us you will be training to be a best-in-class Gas Safety Engineer and in your first three months you will shadow one of our team, getting you ready to look after a customer solo!
- As our Gas Safety Engineer your role is covering South, Central and South West, and International travel will also be required from time to time.
- You will report into our Livingston Site in Scotland so you must be flexible to travel, you will be provided with a company vehicle and all the tools you need to perform your role.
- We have established procedures and troubleshooting tools for equipment and you will be provided with a guide to breaking down an issue, being sure of what the fix is before fixing it.
- As our Gas Safety Engineer you will be called out to either service a customer’s machine or diagnose a problem with the equipment onsite. You will be required to make repairs such as adjustments, part replacements, timing and synchronisation of mechanisms. These may be electrical, mechanical, pneumatics and/or gas. Following the call out a service an inspection report must be submitted.
- As well as the above you will conduct service calls, in line with our customer agreements. Follow up on actions required, after a plant visit or telephone call and ensure that any delays are brought to our customer’s attention.
- You will liaise with our Project Managers, and other internal colleagues so communication internally is just as important as externally with a customer
- Your working pattern will be 38 hours per week - 8am-7pm - and there is a requirement for our Engineers to work 26 weekends a year
- We need our Gas Safety Engineer to have theseminimum requirements - COCN1 and CIGA1
- We would like an HND qualification or equivalent apprenticeship experience in a similar technical discipline, combining electrical and mechanical skills
- Experience of maintaining factory production equipment, is not essential for however would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills as mentioned above
- Someone computer literate with knowledge and experience of systems and Microsoft Office would be great
- Working knowledge of PLC systems a bonus
- Experience with forced draft package burners awesome!!! We use burners such as Weishaupt and Riello
A bit about us:
We are JBT, a global leading technology solution provider with offices in more than 100 countries all over the world. We are growing both organically and by acquisitions and are continuously looking for new employees that want to grow with us! We are awesome at supplying the food processing and air transportation industries with cutting edge machinery and equipment. We design, manufacture, test and service technologically sophisticated systems and products for our customers. In our Protein business based in Livingston (where this position sits) we have been located on our site for 4 years now. With room for expansion and growth it is an exciting time to join us. We are just missing another Gas Safety Engineerto add to our team!
We seek people with passion, engagement and determination to give our customers the BEST service, as well as the drive to work with us to development best in class internal standards and specifications, as we know this will make a huge difference to our organisation short, mid and long term!
What We Offer You:
- An attractive basic dependent on what you bring to us
- 33 days annual leave
- A fully kitted company vehicle will be supplied to meet the needs of the role
- Salary Sacrifice pension
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Private Health care via a salary sacrifice
- Access to our Health & Wellbeing platform
- The ability to work in an established international and fast-growing company with great opportunities for personal development
- A work environment where we value individual initiatives (everyone matters at JBT)
- Continuous development and improvement (always in it together as a team)
Please click on the link to apply below.