Demob Job Reference: j4299
Job Title: Technical Field Service Engineer
Salary: Negotiable DOE + Car + Benefits
Our client is a global supplier of bespoke engineering equipment. Due to continued expansion, they now have a requirement for a Technical Field Service Engineer to join their team at their office in Birmingham. This is a field role with an expectation of extensive travel in the UK, Europe and occasionally worldwide, therefore candidates must be flexible towards travel and staying away from home.
SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, MONDAY TO FRIDAY, ADDITIONAL PAYMENT FOR WORKING WEEKENDS OR TIME OFF IN LIEU, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY +BANK HOLIDAYS, CAR OR CAR ALLOWANCE, PENSION SCHEME, MOBILE PHONE, LAPTOP, TOOLS AND COMPANY CREDIT CAR PROVIDED.
Technical Field Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Travel to customer sites and complete installation & commissioning of equipment, ensuring works are completed in the required timescale and to company specification.
- Provide training to customers in relation to operation, maintenance, and fault finding of equipment.
- Provide routine maintenance and planned servicing of company equipment when required.
- Provide technical support on breakdowns or customer enquiries via telephone or site visit.
- Promote the value and benefits of service agreements, original part and upgrades to customers.
- Attend exhibitions when required.
Technical Field Service Engineer Requirements:
- You will be a multi-skilled engineer with an electrical engineering bias.
- Hold a Level 3 electrical engineering qualification or equivalent as a minimum.
- Proven electromechanical skills with experience of carrying out equipment maintenance, repairs and installations.
- Able to read and understand electrical engineering diagrams and schematics for fault finding and diagnostic purposes.
- PLC or similar controls knowledge.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Flexible approach to working and staying away from home.
- IT literate.
- Hold full UK driving licence and valid UK passport.
NOTE - Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force.