The post holder will provide end user technical support for UKCEH staff as part of the IT Support Team.
- Act as a first point of contact for UKCEH IT support in a professional and customer focused manner
- Provide end user support services to UKCEH
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications ? Troubleshoot IT problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults Talk UKCEH staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Support the roll-out of new end user solutions, including hardware and applications
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritise and manage many open tickets at one time Establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Support other IT areas as required, including project based tasks
- Work on multiple cross-functional initiatives and projects.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- A good degree (2:1) in an IT related subject.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and Windows based applications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office365
- Basic understanding of networking and Active Directory
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and debugging skills
- Understanding of common technical issues
Experience/Proven abilities related to the position
- 1 year of working in a IT support role
- A strong customer focus
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to think logically
- Ability to work well in a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact confidently with all levels of UKCEH combined with the ability explain complex concepts in simple to understand terms.
- Listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with staff to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
Core Behaviours & Values
- You will demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to UKCEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Understanding of the digital environment for research institutes
How to Apply
Closing date for applications is 4th October 2021
Interviews will be held w/c 13th October 2021
To apply for this position, click the link below. As well as a CV, please provide a covering letter detailing why you may be suitable for the role.