Mechanical Design Engineer - M&E Residential
Work type: Full time
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer based in Brentwood. You will be responsible for the production and coordination of outline and detailed Design Deliverables together with tender stage design on combined Process & Mechanical schemes in the Residential industry.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver high end residential projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill - from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel
- Working alongside the Design Manager, the Project Manager and delivery team to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- To prepare and review detailed engineering calculations and solutions from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel, working in a common data environment
- To closely coordinate design production between the in house design teams, external design companies, our suppliers and subcontractors and where applicable our client's designers
- Liaison with client's engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract
- Attend internal and external design reviews (e.g. HAZOP and ALM reviews) and where applicable progress meetings
- To promote innovation and challenge parties involved to ensure cost effectiveness in all design activities
- Technically assessing supplier quotations to ensure they meet project requirements
- Mentor and guide developing engineers within the team
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable BEng, BSc or equivalent in a mechanical discipline
- Chartered Engineer (or ready and able to progress to Chartered)
- Experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes and the equipment / system requirements
- Experience and expertise in the production of hydraulic calculations including but not limited to pipelines, pump duties
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
- Managing a lead CAD engineer for the production of engineering detail
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity then please apply with your up to date CV or call Dylan Bush on .
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.