Are you a Maintenance Technician, with experience within a food/fast-moving manufacturing environment that offers career progression?
If yes, then please read on for more information on an exciting opportunity to undertake a maintenance role for a fantastic employer based in Merthyr Tydfil.
As a Maintenance Technician this is what you will be doing.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager your main duties will be to support, maintain, improve all plant and machinery on site to aid the manufacturing process. You will also be required to lead a team of engineers. As a Maintenance Technician you will be expected to use your initiative to help with the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), with the goal of a reduction of downtime due to equipment failure.
The experience you will bring to the team.
- Investigate and resolve mechanical and electrical faults on plant and machinery.
- Fault find and fully understand engineering circuit schematics.
- Improve the performance of production line.
- Fault find for electrical and mechanical faults.
- Ensure that ‘general’ building/facilities maintenance is carried out.
And this is what you will get in return.
- A time-served Maintenance technician with at least 4 years’ experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- You will be multi-skilled, with the ability to fault-find and repair both mechanical and electrical fields.
- You will be both versatile and flexible with regards to pro-active & re-active maintenance duties.
- Any previous experience in the food/FMCG industry would be advantageous.
- Ability to work on own initiative is essential.
- Methodical attitude and an excellent eye for detail.
A competitive salary up to £39,000 - £42,000 + benefits
You will be joining a business currently experiencing significant growth, which also offer fantastic progression opportunities.
Are you up to the challenge?
Are you what we are looking for? Please get in touch today with engineering specialist recruiter, Joshua Hallett on either or .
Please apply with a CV and feel free to include a cover letter outlining why you are perfect for the role. We also have a referral scheme so if you know of someone who would be great for the role please get in touch.*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.