New College Swindon has an exciting opportunity for an Academic Instructor – Maths to join the team.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: £23,937 pa pro rata
Actual Salary: £7,751 pa
Hours: 14 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Contract Details: Permanent, Part-Time
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
Academic Instructor – The Role:
We are looking for a passionate individual to join the team who will provide support to learners in the classroom under the direction of the Lecturer. You may also be required to cover classes in the absence of the Lecturer
In this role, you will assist the learners and support them in their work either individually or in groups. You will work with the Lecturer and act as a second pair of eyes when assisting learners with developing their skills and work with learners who are not meeting their targets and work them to achieve.
Academic Instructor – Benefits:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
- Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Academic Instructor - Key Responsibilities:
- Support mainly Level 1 and Level 2 individual students or groups on programmes of study and having a consideration of the understanding of learning difficulties and how to adapt teaching.
- Impart relevant subject knowledge and skills to individual learners as required
- Assist in enrolment and college progression days and assist learners in access arrangements for exams
- Developers the learners confidence and ensure referrals are made to the Additional Learning Support team to identify any support needed to help the learner
Academic Instructor - Qualification and experience required:
- Minimum of Level 2 qualification in English and Maths – GCSE at grade C and above
- Minimum of Level 2 ICT qualification. If not held, successful candidates will be required to undertake a relevant Microsoft qualification within first 12 months of employment
- Relevant Level 3 qualification in subject specialism for the role or relevant skills at Level 3
- Level 4 teaching qualification or willingness to commencing this qualification on appointment
Academic Instructor - How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS check will need to be completed to the satisfaction of New College.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Closing Date: 21 October 2021
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided on the measures that have been implemented if you are invited to an interview which will be remotely.
To submit your CV for this exciting Academic Instructor opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now.