Additionl Restrictions Grant (ARG) Officer- ASAP start
£22 per hour PAYE
Initially a 12 week contract with likely extension
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the economy department of a West London local authority currently recruiting for a project co ordinator to support on the implementation of the Welcome Back Fund recovery and regeneration initiative for the borough's high streets.Role purpose
The pandemic has had a huge impact on town centres and high streets resulting in an even greater boost in on-line shopping, vacant shops, lower footfall and an acceleration of the reasons people visit and use high streets.
The WBF Project Manager will play a lead role in supporting town centres, high streets and high street businesses through the recovery phase with responsibility for delivering approved projects funded by the ERDF Welcome Back Fund with a budget of £167k.
The fund will finance a number of projects including a seasonal programme of entertainment, an Arts based project focused on improving the presentation of empty shops and strengthening the council’s H&F shop Local Shop Safe campaign, Duties
- To undertake initiatives aimed at increasing the economic viability of the borough’s high streets and town centres, supporting recovery following the pandemic.
- To engage with local businesses, residents and stakeholders to support the delivery of the council's recovery plan and the Welcome Back Fund (WBF)
- To deliver the Welcome Back Fund (WBF) approved project plan on time and on budget.
- To procure, monitor and report back on projects adhering to WBF guidance and timelines and taking account of the programmes flexibilities and constraints.
- To develop a strong working relationship with the teams and officers that have regular interface with the business community such as licensing, planning, highways, business rates, environmental health and employment, skills, and training.
- To circulate information, as appropriate, throughout the borough, including flyers, posters, brochures, letters, newsletters, and other information. This will include hand delivery, outreach and meetings with external businesses or groups.
- To be the liaison officer and key contact for high street businesses
- To organise and take minutes at variety of internal and external meetings including the High Street Recovery Group.
- To support the delivery of H&F Placemaking events
- To keep up to date with support and opportunities for high street businesses.
- To collect and record business data and ensure the CRM database and spreadsheets are regularly and accurately updated.
- To ensure that all activity, whether delivered internally or commissioned, delivers best value for money for residents and businesses, and to ensure that all funding is used in line with external timeframes
- To ensure that all activity delivered through the Welcome Back Fund is joined up with other activity across the directorate and the council and aligns with the council’s Industrial Strategy and High Street Recovery Plan
- To provide high-quality written and oral briefings, policy advice, and reports for senior officers, other departments, and key external stakeholders
Knowledge and Experience
- To work collaboratively with colleagues both across the Economic Development team and other departments and undertake other duties appropriate to the grade as required by the Head of Business and Enterprise.
- Relevant degree or professional qualification, membership of relevant professional organisation or relevant experience.
- Record of achievement in a similar role with experience in local and/or central government, commercial sector or relevant policy body/agency.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing high streets.
- Experience of building and developing relationships and collaborative working with businesses and stakeholders.
- Experience of outreach work – including cold calling on businesses to provide them with information and support and engage them with high street initiatives.
- Experience of managing and delivering projects.
- Understand the economic development context of local authorities and our role in supporting business.
- Experience of producing publicity materials and/or managing campaigns.
- Ability to work across a range of internal departments to ensure projects are joined up.
- Experience of preparing high quality reports and briefings.
- Experience of managing contracts and suppliers to achieve objectives and targets.