About the role
The purpose of the role is to plan, organise and oversee the running of events at the GLA’s locations, and to promote these venues to commercial clients to achieve income targets. This will include the monitoring of statutory compliance and liaison with clients, production teams and other stakeholders.
- Act as the first point of contact, co-ordinate and facilitate events for internal and external clients for the GLA at its locations.
- Oversee the running of all events and activities at the GLA’s locations, taking responsibility for commercial and charity events as well as demonstrations and rallies.
- Co-ordinate and undertake liaison with key stakeholders, including regular contact with contractors, the neighbours of Trafalgar and Parliament Squares, the Metropolitan Police and other statutory authorities to ensure events comply with relevant regulatory requirements and are well managed.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of managing events, functions or hospitality services in a high profile organisation or customer led environment.
- Experience of promoting and marketing high profile venues with a view to extending commercial market activity.
- A good knowledge of health and safety and statutory legislation in relation to facilities management services, and an ability to promote best practice on environmental and sustainability issues.
- A IOSH or NEBOSH national general certificate is desirable.