Positive employment is recruiting for an Environmental Health Officer for our client in the surrounding area of Westminster, Hammersmith, Fulham, Kensington, and Chelsea.
The post holder will manage and organise effective provision of specialist environmental health technical skills and knowledge to maintain and safeguard standards relating to people's health and well-being and to contribute to delivery of the objectives and priorities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver a specialist service, carrying out a range of skilled activities in environmental health, to maximise service quality and continuity.
- Provide experienced, qualified advice and guidance in environmental health to colleagues and managers to identify risk
- Liaise and communicate effectively within the council, and externally as appropriate, to consult on plans and projects
- Assist with the monitoring, analysis and management of delegated budgets, funding, and resources in accordance with council policies and procedures.
- Carry out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with legislation and taking action to improve conditions, taking photos, producing drawings, removing samples, and conducting interviews as part of the inspection process.
- Giving talks at public enquiries, meetings and exhibitions, as well as ensuring compliance through education, advice and enforcement
Understand and comply with relevant legal, regulatory, policy and procedural requirements and standards and escalate/report concerns to management as appropriate.
- Taking enforcement action, initiating legal proceedings, preparing, and giving evidence in court
- 2 A levels and 5 GCSE (including. Maths and English)
- Degree/Diploma in environmental health/relevant qualification
- Completion of practical training
- Work experience in environmental health or related field of work
- Further qualification in environmental health disciplines
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Care and attention to detail
- The ability to understand and explain legislation, procedures, and requirements
- Good people skills, for dealing with people from all backgrounds
- A good level of scientific and technical understanding
- The ability to investigate, analyse and provide solutions to problems
- Assertiveness and tact
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Please note only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered