Henry Boot Construction Limited is a successful and well-established main contractor, part of the Henry Boot Group. We pride ourselves on our first-class quality of work and long-lasting relationships with our clients, and we now need a Construction Planner to join the company, this permanent role will be a mix of being based in our office in Dronfield and being site based on projects in the Yorkshire and the East Midlands regions
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be required to prove an excellent track record of construction planning and have an excellent understanding of the construction industry.
The key accountability's will be and not limited to:
- Scheduling & Programming for both tender and contract works
- Procurement schedules for Sub-contracts & materials & requisitioning of materials
- Preparation and presentation of method statements, phasing plans/ sequencing & quality documentation working as part of the tender bid team
- Preparation of preliminaries and temporary works information for tenders
- Progress monitoring & reporting to internal and external contacts
- KPI monitoring
- Maintain close contacts and working with site-based teams on planning & programming issues
- Candidates should ideally be qualified in a relevant discipline with at least an HNC/HND in a relevant field.
- Ideally have over 5 years' experience in the Construction industry working on a variety of different works types. Such as Public Sector, Education, Healthcare and Ministry of Justice, Urban Redevelopment, Residential Housing, Build to Rent, Senior Living and Extra Care Industrial and Logistics.
- Tender planning experience
- Proficient in the use of ASTA Power Project & Microsoft Project
- Good working knowledge of construction methods, materials, and relevant legislation
- Organised and methodical
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Effective communication skills
- You must have a full driving licence; this opportunity will involve travel to sites.
Please click here to view the full job description.
We believe in your development, rewarding your commitment and supporting your ambition. We'll provide the support you need to help you succeed and prosper with us.
In return for your commitment and dedication, we offer:
- a competitive salary
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- a company stakeholder pension plan
- life assurance scheme
- a company profit share scheme
We are Henry Boot Construction Limited, an award-winning contractor committed to our people, customers, service and products. Your wellbeing is a fundamental aspect of how we operate, as demonstrated by our fantastic health & safety record and the ongoing development and loyalty of our people. We always have something exciting happening and we want you to be a part of it.
We're part of the Henry Boot Group of Companies. We've defined what makes working with us so special in our unique initiative, the 'Henry Boot Way'. This influences our culture and how we do things, and most importantly strengthens the relationship between employer and employee.
Equality and Diversity
Since 1886 our business has always put our people first, so we're totally committed to offering an equal opportunity to every individual who joins us.
Due to GDPR we're unable to accept applications from agencies who have not been instructed to act upon our behalf.