Role: 1st/2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
Reports to: IT Service Desk Manager
About our client:
Our client is one of the top 50 Managed Service Providers in Europe. They specialise in delivering fully manged IT services to a range of UK and global clients 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. The business is growing and are looking for a new 1st Line Service Desk team member who wants to grow and develop their skills with them.
Our Client Support Engineer will be working within a dynamic Service Delivery Team, to deliver 1st Line support to our varied portfolio of clients comprising of property, retail, financial services, and healthcare sectors.
The role encompasses providing our clients with quality face-to-face and remote IT support, as well as assisting our clients with on-boarding activities, using a broad range of systems and purpose-built toolsets.
- Dealing with 1st line assigned tickets, providing support over multiple channels
- Responding efficiently to support requests over a variety of channels (e-mail, phone and ticketing system)
- Troubleshooting, fixing and escalating incidents as required, ensuring they are resolved within customer service level agreements or against key performance indicators
- Accurately classifying, logging, and keeping tickets up to date using our internal ticketing tool
- Providing an excellent customer experience at all times
- Conducting personal queue and ticket triage, escalating as and when required using internal processes
- Liaising with partners and third-party vendors to resolve customer issues
- Attending client sites to support current customer base with a varied range of technologies including desktop support, email issues, connectivity requirements, printers and 3rd party applications
- Conducting onsite work as and when required (such as onsite support, project support/assistance, system deployment etc.)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Some experience of Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365, SharePoint, backup solutions, antivirus software, and networking
- Familiar in Office 365 Administration, creating groups, distribution lists, setting forward rules, viewing and checking SharePoint permissions and basic troubleshooting, for example running mail trace or performing security checks such as last sign in or checking for suspicious activity.
- Confident in troubleshooting basic Windows OS/MAC OSX issues, checking for Windows updates and understanding how these are delivered (GPO, 3rd party tools), performing system restores and using vendor diagnostic tools and you will be experienced with replacing hardware components (SSD, RAM etc) while being considerate to data backup and the impact to the user.
- Understanding of security products and the cyber threat landscape;
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication is essential as well as the ability to communicate with clients to determine their needs and explain complex issues to differing skill levels
· Being able to demonstrate a commitment to learning new technologies either by ongoing certifications or personal interest projects
Our IT Support Engineer would benefit from at least 1 year working at an MSP or in-house IT department and will have a good understanding of core IT concepts, preferably working towards appropriate qualifications such as A+, Network+, and Microsoft certifications. Understanding core infrastructure such as routers, firewalls, switches, WAPs, TCP/IP, DNS DHCP is essential, and awareness of the cyber security landscape is an advantage.