Desktop Support Engineer - Wolverhampton - 2 months - Enhanced DBS Required (Inside IR35)
- Support customers’ needs by dealing with reported incidents from ticketing systems and telephone and in person within the contracted SLA.
- Provide efficient and effective 1st/2nd line support for a broad range of applications and software such as; Microsoft stack of technologies (365, Azure, Intune etc) along with customer specific applications.
- Record all issues within the ITSM system and progress issues to resolution
- Providing an escalation point service for 1st line colleagues
- Provide in person support to customers for all onsite hardware and cloud based systems
- Travel to and support of several locations
- Update the internal knowledgebase with issue resolution details
- Following diagnostic procedures and escalating to 3rd line support where appropriate
- Maintaining client contact in line with SLA’s.
- Managing work load without supervision.
- Project support as and when required.
- Providing assistance/guidance to colleagues where required as well as working alongside customers team.
- Partake in projects and provide knowledge of customers infrastructure
- Liaising with colleagues in order to deliver optimum service
- Creation of operational support documentation
- Working with key stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
- Participate in out of hours on call rota
Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record with troubleshooting and delivering an excellent service to key stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent Deskside support and customer facing interpersonal skills
- Experience in providing in-depth service desk support to a growing client base.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Intune, Azure, 365 etc.
- Working knowledge of Group Policy & basic Networking
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to identify root cause and implement controlled changes.
- Basic knowledge working within an ITIL framework.
- Organised and methodical, with the ability to work to targets and goals
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with the ability of working within a demanding environment and be able to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Able to learn and adopt with supporting bespoke technologies.
- Patience and ability to remain calm under pressure, whilst showing initiative at all times and an ability to apply a lateral thought process to problem resolution
If this role is of interest then please apply and a member of the resource team will be in contact ASAP