My well-established National Housebuilder is looking for a Development Engineer to join the team on a full time and permanent basis.
You will be part of a technical team who is responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. From roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional dwelling. You will be a vital part of ensuring each home meets and exceeds the customers’ expectations.
You will be responsible for providing technical support at all stages of the development process, from initial viability advice to full design packages, gaining technical consents and providing advice to all other departments and selected contractors during construction.
- Prepare site viability reports in line with current regulatory requirements for residential developments
- Analyse and resolve engineering issues as part of the planning application for sites
- Ensure compliance at all stages of each planning submission in line with the latest National Housebuilding Council standards
- Work with local authorities and utility providers to ensure all approvals required for site start are ready and available at the appropriate time
- Work on tenders and pre-start engineering documentation and oversee viability of each one
- Be on site and attend all relevant meetings relating to the procurement and approval of site infrastructure
Key Skills: -
- Extensive experience of engineering issues relating to all areas of infrastructure gained within housebuilding sector including roads, sewers, foundations, utilities and drainage
- Engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of engineering related software like AutoCAD, PDS and Microdrainage would be advantageous
- Thorough understanding of engineering regulatory requirements
- A strong negotiator with proven experience in gaining consent on complex technical approvals
- Excellent attention to detail particularly when reviewing highly technical documentation