C £43,000 p.a.
- Do you enjoy working on autonomous projects while being surrounded by a supportive team?
- Are you looking to work for a company that have a modern environment and the most up to date technology?
- Do you want to work for a company that are at the fore front on product innovation and want to compliment their successful team?
ER Recruitment are thrilled to be working with a local, forward-thinking company who are recognised throughout the U.K. for their outstanding reputation.
Our client are now looking for a Data Engineer to join their experienced and highly valued IT team in their continued success and growth.
Role & Responsibilities of the Data Engineer:
- Work with SSIS to extract, transform and load the data from these sources into their required destination.
- Work with Azure data factory.
- Design SSRS and power BI reports for the business to analyse data.
- Manage and support in-house applications.
- Create and integrate Kimball Dimension models into a data warehouse from data feeds and any data captured from in house applications.
- Work with the Lead Data Engineer to agree team projects and to help set team standards.
- Liaise with key stakeholders within the business to deliver solutions to specifications.
- Collaborate with members of the team to deliver a solution.
- Working with 2nd line Service desk support tickets relating to reports and data issues where required.
About You as the Data Engineer:
- Minimum 3-year experience programming in TSQL and applying all features of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Full exposure to the BI stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Experience working with Azure data factory, Azure Databricks and Azure Analysis Services
- Good understanding of OLAP data models design
- Experience in creating calculations and measures in DAX and the ability to query tabular models using the DAX language for reporting.
- Ability to read and understand query execution plans in SQL Server and act upon those findings to performance tune and rework existing queries and stored procedures.
- A thorough understanding of how to integrate projects within Azure DevOps.
- Self-motivated and can work with limited guidance to implement innovative solutions.
- Excellent communicator, both written and spoken
- Analytic approach at examining many different sources of data and then making accurate conclusions about them.
- A solid grasp on the industry dynamics, particularly the areas of the BI field.
- A brief understanding of the finance industry specifically pensions which provides a base to build on.
- 22.5 days holiday accruing to 27.5 days, plus bank holidays
- Share Incentive Plan
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Health Cash Plan
Please note by applying for this role you give consent for ER Recruitment to retain your CV for up to 24 months for the purposes of assisting you to find your next role unless you notify us otherwise.
While we aim to get back to all applicants, due to the current situation, if you do not receive a response within seven working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
ER Recruitment are experienced within eight different sectors consisting of Accountancy and Finance, Construction, Customer Service & Onsite, Directors & Non-Executive, Human Resources, Office (including PA/EA), Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Procurement.
We look forward to helping you in your career in these sectors, so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career in these sectors please feel free to refer them to us.
We look forward to hearing from you.