Proposals & Project Engineer
To £35,000 per anumm
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Prosposals & Project Engineer to join a multi-billion-dollar global engineering business, who supply engineering products and services into the industrial market and manufacturing sector.
The purpose of the role is to support the growth of Custom Solutions liaising with internal and external teams and customers to provide high quality commercially acceptable proposals and estimates. To support the Proposals and Project Engineer Custom Solutions / Custom Solutions Supervisor in the attainment of custom solutions objectives designated by the company, through the effective operation of the custom solutions function.
Key Responsibilities of Proposals & Project Engineer:
- Determine customer requirements on each enquiry and create accurate proposals and estimates to meet customer needs within agreed timescales
- Project manage large assembly orders through to on time completion in agreement with customers.
- To work proactively with Business Development Managers (BDMs) and Engineers (BDEs) on nominated custom solutions opportunities
- Follow up in conjunction with BDMs and Engineers on outstanding proposals and estimates to secure orders, improve proposal process and measure effectiveness
- Due diligence of customer specifications and contractual requirements to ensure full SQS / ISO and Legal compliance and to ensure all corporate policies are adhered to at all times
- Manage relationships with customer and 3rd party contractors to meet requirements and secure profitable business
- Work in partnership with internal and external associates to meet customer expectations ensuring the highest level of customer service at all times
- Build relationships in which the Proposals & Project Engineer is considered as a trusted specialist by the customer and internal associates
- Preparation of CAD drawings where appropriate
- Support the Custom Solutions team in the continuous improvement of departmental processes and customer service
Key Requirements of Proposals & Project Engineer:
- Engineering project management experience
- Educated to minimum Degree level or equivalent (Preferably an Engineering discipline), would be beneficial
- CAD Trained
- Ability to understand customer technical application needs and develop appropriate technical solutions.
- Professional relationship building skills
- An ability to identify client's key business objectives
- Presentation skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people
- Ability to follow quality assurance and operational processes
- Self-starter & at ease in a team environment
- Confident and commanding presenter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly comfortable with IT and knowledge management functions.
- Excellent organisational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
To be considered, click 'APPLY' today or send your CV to
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.