J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Resourcing Business Partner
Are you a talented Resourcing specialist looking for your next challenge where you can genuinely have an impact and be passionate about the brand? If so J.Murphy & Sons would love to hear from you! Currently ranked as a Top 25 Best Large Companies in the UK to work for by Best Companies we are now looking to recruit a Resourcing Business Partner to join the team and continue the mission in recruiting top talent into the business.
As the Resourcing Business Partner for J.Murphy & Sons you will source talent in a proactive, cost effective and sustainable way, ensuring every opportunity is taken to strengthen organisational capability. This will be done through a good mix of traditional and innovative resourcing solutions whilst building strong working relationships with functional managers and key operational stakeholders. You will be given a varied job portfolio to source along with the opportunity to share new and creative ideas of ways to market.
What you will be doing
- Organise and attend regular meetings with hiring managers, key stakeholders and People Business Partners within the assigned Business Units(s) to ensure workforce analysis and resource planning is effective and that there are regular reviews of vacancy progress and upcoming requirements
- Meet the hiring manager to take or help create the recruitment brief, ensuring requisition is in place on internal ATS
- Proactive direct sourcing, direct advertising, head-hunting, talent pipelining along with use and creation of candidate pools
- Provide regular reports/updates to the senior resourcing partner as requested on recruitment performance
- To be responsible for the full recruitment cycle from point of sourcing through to offer
- When the hiring decision is made, manage the offer process in a personal way with the candidate.
- On confirmation of acceptance, communicate effectively to ensure full on-boarding initiated.
- Ensure the careers website and vacancy websites are always up to date and worded inclusively
- Work with the Senior Recruitment Partner on other Special Projects including Major project resourcing.
- Provide training to hiring managers on all aspects of recruitment, including interviewing and selection
- Ensuring Resourcing’s contribution is strategically business relevant and aligned to commercial goals.
- Attend relevant seminars and courses to ensure continual personal and professional development i.e. legislation changes, employment law.
Who we are looking for
- Proven recruitment experience either in-house or agency, ideally from a construction background.
- Comprehensive track record of managing recruitment cycles from start to finish.
- A pro-active can do approach with a passion for finding the best talent in the market.
- Enjoy building relationships with stakeholders across the business at all levels.
- Be versatile, creative and innovative with way to market.
- Experience of coaching and developing managers and Senior Managers in recruitment methods and best practice.