Seven Resourcing are looking for a couple of temporary SEND Transport Assistants to work in Newcastle. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and are paying £13.47 - £15.18 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company).
Responsible for supporting the SEND Transport Officer in providing a safe, sustainable and cost effective home to school transport service for children and young people aged 0-25 with SEND, enabling the Council to fulfil its statutory duties. Promote and ensure health and safety in the context of home to school transport.
- To support the SEND Transport officer in arranging home to school transport for children and young people, according to their individual needs and in line with the SEND Code of Practice and Statutory Guidance, ensuring safety of service users whilst obtaining best value. To assist the SEND Transport Officer in carrying out full risk assessments for each of the children and young people accessing the service before implementation and at each change in circumstance.
- To assist the SEND Transport Officer appropriate allocation of drivers and escorts to ensure the health and safety of accommodate children and young people's individual needs.
- To be the first point of contact for queries and complaints received in the department.
- To assist the SEND Transport Officer in responding to first stage of appeals, and to coordinate stage two appeals in accordance with the local policy and appeals process.
- To assist the SEND Transport Officer in monitoring and accounting for financial allocations for transport arrangements, including both commissioned providers and personal budgets arrangements for families who make their own transport arrangements.
- To assist the SEND Transport Officer in the provision of an Independent travel training service.
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: Experience of working effectively together with people from a range of stakeholders and customers from varying backgrounds including schools, families and businesses. Knowledge and understanding of the complexities of children with SEND and how their needs manifest themselves in the context of the role.
- Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK. 2 references.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Education:
We have been helping teachers find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK education, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.