As part of our Information Security & Privacy team you will play a vital role in supporting, and improving the businesses overall IT & Privacy security posture. You will report directly to our Chief Information Security Officer and work closely with the wider IT departments. Your day to day activities will consist of managing IT security & data privacy related service requests and incidents within SLAs, while leading several Information & Security projects, generating reports, creating presentations and chairing regular working committee.
- Responsible for logging and capturing all IT Security & Data Privacy requests in our Service Management Platform.
- Respond to service requests & incidents within SLA, via email and telephone.
- Escalate any IT security or data privacy requests to the relevant IT department to ensure SLAs are achieved.
- Ensure our processes are followed, records maintained and recommend process improvements.
- Lead and participate in several information & security related projects, both technical and data privacy focused.
- Audit & review our Information Security Framework, policies, procedures and overall security controls.
- Improve operational efficiency while ensuring our overall data privacy compliance.
- Maintain our IT Risk Register and chair bi-monthly Risk Management meetings with the wider technology team & leaders.
- Assist with audits, data protection impact assessments, user training, awareness campaigns and other IT & Data Privacy related tasks.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in Information & Security team
- In depth knowledge of UK/EUGDPR, CCPA and other Data Privacy regulations
- A general understanding of IT Security including, SSO, MFA, Web Proxy, Anti-Virus, Patch Management, VPN, Cloud Computing and other technical tooling's
- Experience in adhering to a number of IT Security Frameworks such as ISO 27001 & SANS top 18 controls while leading projects and initiatives to increase overall security maturity and posture.
- Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to troubleshooting
- A strong attitude and drive for a career in IT & Data Privacy Security
- Enthusiastic, passionate and a 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work independently with a willingness to learn new technologies & Data Privacy Regulations .
- Relevant degree in IT or Information & Security
- 5x GCSE's grade C or above
- 2x A-levels grade C or above, or equivalent
- ITIL v3 Foundation, desired
- MTA Desktop Support, desired