Responsible for the document checks and distribution to the correct external and internal parties.
A growing distribution business based in the North West
The role will encompass but not limited to being able to understand and be responsible for the following;
- Freight/customs clearance
- Document checks and distribution to the correct external and Internal parties. - SAD entries /Health Certs, ETC.
- Document chasing from suppliers to ensure timely clearance on Sea/Air/Road imports/exports.
- Managing a tight shipping schedule
- Receiving goods inwards
Documentary Requirements And Creation For
- Road freight movements
- Airfreight courier samples/stock movements
- Stock transfers
What You Will Need To Succeed
- Experience of working within an import/export environment Customs procedures, freight forwarding.
- Involvement with process design, SOP creation, improvement and risk awareness.
- Communication skills proven by interaction with cross-functional peers and external customers.
- Knowledge of the classification process required for importing and exporting
- Remain up to date with relevant changes within the regulations and systems concerned with the importing and exporting of goods.
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems
- Service level monitoring.
- An understanding of freight movement processes whether by sea, air or road
An excellent overall package paying £25-£32K dependent on experience with flexibility to be working from home.