Reed Finance Cumbria are pleased to be working with a global organisation based near Workington to recruit a Group Financial Controller. This impressive company are highly innovative, and really have paved the way within their specialist area. They have experience year on year growth spanning countries across the globe and they are looking for a meticulous Group Financial Controller to lead the finance team.
Reporting directly into the Chief Financial Officer the role will be responsible for managing all finance and accounting functions, ensuring high standards are not only maintained but continuous improvement and efficiency and constantly aimed for and accounted for.
The successful applicant will also be responsible for coordinating & directing the preparation of financial management information i.e., budgets, forecasts, cashflow etc for presentation to the CFo and the board, as well as:
- To plan, communicate and monitor the requirements to ensure that regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained across all parts of the business
- To create efficient and effective accounting and administration systems and processes across all transactional streams of accounts payable, receivable and Contract accounting.
- To develop and manage robust financial systems and controls for financial, structural and tax strategies.
- To assist with the development of KPI’s across the Group and ensure that existing KPI’s are sufficiently supported with reliable information.
- To assist in overseeing the financial operations of subsidiary & associated companies and foreign operations.
- To oversee the company’s financial processing systems, including the interface with operational staff on financial matters such as expense reporting,/company cars. Lead with the design and development of new systems.
- To prepare the weekly cashflow information across the group and ensure that it is suitably developed.
- To ensure that the preparation of the monthly Reporting packs is prepared to agreed deadlines and that the information is robust and reconciles the forecasts, WIP reports and financial records.
- Team management - feedback, coaching and development to the finance team members, to ensure individual and team development.
We are ideally looking for finance professionals with experience within a similar leadership role, that are passionate about really getting into the detail and inner workings of a business.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or Qualified By Experience/Part Qualified
- An advanced user of excel – highly proficient in pivot tables, lookups, etc,
- Proficient skills in back-office systems – accounts software report writing skills/exporting and data manipulation,
- Exceptional numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills,
- Inspirational team leader with strong interpersonal and influencing skills,
Why REED Finance?
Reed Finance are experts in the provision of finance staff throughout the UK and have been established for over 60 years.
Shannon has 7 years’ experience within the local recruitment market and is an expert in Finance, she has a real passion and affinity with all things finance and has built a great network of experts across the North West.
Locally we have a dedicated team with over 55 years of combined experience and knowledge of recruitment within the Lancaster & Cumbria market so please do get in touch with us for professional, honest and consultative advice.