We have a fantastic opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join the Accounting and Finance team, based at our Head Office in Andover.
In the role you will support the Group Corporate Tax Manager to meet the corporation tax and other annual compliance requirements for all Stannah UK Group Companies. The broad scope of this role will enable the successful candidate to develop both personally and professionally within a professional finance environment and in time will become involved in all aspects of the business.
We are looking for an individual who is a CTA part qualified tax professional with an accounting background. The ideal candidate will be studying towards their CTA qualification with at least 3 years' experience.
To be successful in the role you will be self-motivated, capable of interpreting and reporting on data and able to establish working relationships from distance with minimal face-to-face interaction with the ability to influence local finance teams.....is essential/desirable.
- Supporting the Group Corporate Tax Manager in preparing the Stannah UK Tax Group corporation tax compulsions for (currently) 7 active companies and 2 dormant companies
- Prepare estimates for quarterly corporation tax payments on account
- Identify qualifying R&D for tax credit claims, build claim from relevant costs and activities and submit claim through revised Computation
- Identify patented product sales for Stannah Stairlifts Ltd and calculate Patent Box claim for inclusion in revised Computation
- Prepare the quarterly (moving to monthly) VAT return
- Complete and file the bi-monthly Irish VAT returns
- Proactively monitor VAT compliance including the evaluation of transactions and potential for misstatement of Return values
- Working with the Group Tax Compliance Manager to develop an internal audit programme to ensure VAT compliance
- Monitor import/export practices in relation to declarations, use of tariff codes and potential of duty misstatement
- Assist with PAYE compliance where required to including CIS and IR35
- Manage the Group's transfer price policies to include updating Master Files, functional analysis for local files and general review and advice
- Support HMRC enquiries and audits in conjunction with professional advisors
- Provide training, communications and explanations on effects of new tax related legislation
- Assist Group Financial Director in meeting their SAO obligations
- Maintain a current level of knowledge relevant to the needs of the Stannah Group
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications
- CTA part qualified
- Advanced Microsoft Excel literacy with the ability to work with pivot tables, v-lookups and h-lookups
- All-round PC proficiency with the ability to learn and use a wide range of IT packages
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24 hours a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success are the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected the following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles.
- Competitive Salary, paid on a monthly basis
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme (based on Group Company profits)
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase another 5 days
- Matched Contribution (Salary Sacrifice) Pension Scheme
- SimplyHealth Cash Plan (allows you to claim towards health costs)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme (includes cinema discounts, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops)