1st Line Network Engineer
Are you looking to kick start your career in the IT industry? Eager to train and develop, grow new skills and forge a career to be proud of? If so, this is the role for you.
Here at Nowcomm, we are Cisco technology experts in the design, delivery and customer service of Cisco solutions. We provide high-quality services and support, specialising in Enterprise Network Infrastructure, Collaboration and Security.
We are one of only a handful of Cisco Partners in the UK to hold both Cisco Gold and Master Collaboration status. This means we have the people and the know-how to deliver the very best Cisco solutions and the power to give you the very best deals.
We are currently looking for a 1st Line Network Engineer to join our talented team on a full-time, permanent basis.
As a 1st Line Network Engineer, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day support to our client’s networks and IT infrastructure.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage and escalate customer requests for networking support
- Develop and advance knowledge and skills in networking and related technologies
- Carry out regular checks of customer and internal systems
- Update and maintain company and customer assets as part of the asset management cycle
- Create and keep documentation up to date
- Support our internal infrastructure when required
To join us as a 1st Line Network Engineer, you will need:
- A keen interest in all things IT related and new technologies
- A basic understanding of computers and home networking technologies
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills, especially via the telephone
- To be willing to undertake an extended period of learning to gain the relevant qualifications
- Basic IT fault finding skills demonstrating a logical approach
- The ability to undertake fault handling and manage technical escalations in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible work ethic, working with the business to find a suitable solution to our customer’s issues
- Vitality healthcare
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- 25 days’ holiday and statutory holiday
- The chance to work with cutting-edge Cisco technologies
- The opportunity to kick start your IT career within a technical IT environment
- The chance to learn essential skills for your future and gain relevant qualifications
- Learn from, and be supported by, a highly successful team
Other organisations may call this role 1st Line Network Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, 1st Line Systems Support Engineer, Junior Network Engineer, or 1st Line Helpdesk Technician.
Webrecruit and Nowcomm Ltd are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a 1st Line Network Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.