HYDRO is a leading global company specialising in Engine Stand Refurbishment (ESR), GSE and Maintenance tooling for the aerospace industry. With an unmatched product portfolio, we offer our customers innovative and high-quality solutions, with a full design, make and after service provision.
Location: Trent Lane office - Castle Donington, Derby.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 38 hours per week, Mon-Fri. Overtime hours available
Salary: £11.00 - £13.00 per hour plus Overtime
Benefits: Company Pension - matched contribution scheme Westfield Health care plan - after 3 months.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who wants to develop their skills working in a fast paced and skilled team. The role of Welder/Fabricator will involve carrying out welding and fabrication, along with inspections and repairs to the customer specification. This is a cross functional role requiring UK on-site support to the customer and fabrication and welding of stands as workload demands.
• Fabrication of engine stands to customer specification
• Welding to British Standards
• Provision of ESR services and duties on site at customer premises/sites throughout the UK
• Initial visual inspection of engine stands & products delivered
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
• Painting duties as required
• Taking delivery of products and storage of such in the ESR facility
• General workshop duties including the good housekeeping of the workshop area
• The safe operation of the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment at all times
• Manual handling with full adherence to Health & Safety standards
• Engage in training, development and education in order to keep skills and knowledge current and to strive for continual improvement
• Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the ESR Supervisor and Operations Director
• Proven experience in welding and fabrication (ideally coded to BS standards previously)
• Ability to read engineering drawings
• Willingness to learn or hold a current Fork Truck Licence (training will be available where required)
• Willingness to travel and work regularly on sites in UK is essential
• Valid driving licence and passport essential
You may have experience of the following: Service Engineer, Workshop Technician, Service Technician, Workshop Cranes, Welder, Fabricator, Service Engineer, Engine Stands, Stainless Steel Welding, Fabrication, Welding, Arc Welding, Arc Welder, Metal Fabrication, Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Technician, PPM, Reactive Maintenance, Heavy Plant, Aerospace, etc.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Ref: 103 220