Do you believe in data-driven solutions and have a passion for designing and implementing platforms to enable this demand?
So do we and that’s why we are looking for an experienced Data Lake Engineer (m/f/d) to join our Customer & Common Analytics division. You will work in an international and agile environment to enhance TUI Group’s Data Lake with new capabilities to match the needs of Data Scientists, Data Analysts and other colleagues in a digitized company.
If you are an enthusiast in Data Lake concepts and Big Data then apply to us!
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of the team that builds and runs TUI Group’s Data Lake
- Use your excellent collaboration skills to deliver the best answers to the needs of our Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Data Engineers
- Drive design and optimization of innovative and scalable capabilities for data acquisition, storage and consumption in the Data Lake
- Introduce data catalog and search & discovery features for users of the Data Lake
- Evaluate and select suitable technical solutions for the aforementioned requirements
- Data Privacy and security aspects are part of everything you do
- Whether you have a degree or professional training in IT is secondary to us – what is important to us is your passion and affinity for dealing with Data Lake topics
- Strong understanding of enterprise Data Lake concepts, especially regarding data management, data catalog and search & discovery
- Hands on experience with modern AWS technologies needed in a Data Lake (e.g. Glue, Athena, Macie)
- Good understanding of the needs of typical Data Lake consumers like Data Scientists and Data Warehouse
- Deep expertise in Git, Terraform and programming (preferably Go)
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, great teams and delivering great solutions
- High level of initiative and creativity as well as the ability to think outside the box
- Fluent in written and spoken English
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.