Configuration Management Engineer
Hourly pay rate £20 - £25.00, dependent on experience
37 Hours: Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm, Friday 7.30am - 12.30pm
Our client based in Luton is a global business with facilities in 13 countries.
The role is accountable for managing the coordination and administration of configuration management activities. Formulates procedures for and executes the introduction of changes to engineering and production documents. Monitors the review of released engineering change data and change documentation activities to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies.
Experienced in SAP Master Data creation & maintenance (which includes creating & changing Material Masters, BOMs & Routings)
Experienced in Configuration Management (understanding engineering change management & Product configurations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exemplify a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards.
- Provide support to Program teams in configuring and base-lining project items.
- Responsible for preparing configuration documentations and maintain Configuration Management (CM) database.
- Deploy CM standard and recommend improvements to existing CM processes.
- Maintain data quality, integrity and security of CM database.
- Schedule audits on CM database and assist in implementing audit recommendations.
- Develop data access security guidelines to avoid unauthorized damage or usage of Program and Project configuration item.
- Work with configuration teams in development and enhancement of CM tools.
- Assist in management, maintenance and automating of CM tools.
- Analyse configuration issues and propose appropriate resolutions.
- Continuously improve CM by implementing Lean initiatives.
- Manufacturing Engineering, with a professional qualification / background (university degree) in engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical)
- Technical expertise in configuration management.
- Ability to influence people, build trust and establish effective working relationships within a global organisation
- Working knowledge of LEAN processes and practices
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Manufacturing, Design, Stress or Configuration Engineering.
- Working knowledge of quality system models such as ISO9000, AS9100, or D1-9000 - Project / Program Management
- Familiarity with ISO10007, MIL-HDBK-61A, EAI-649-1 or equivalent
- Knowledge of SAP ERP systems
Response Personnel, an independently owned company and experts in recruitment since 1997.
Specialists in Permanent, Temporary and Contract recruitment within a number of niche divisions and industries, including: Commercial, IT/Telecoms, Industrial and Technical sectors.
For information on other roles, we have available please call for further details.