*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed from another city in Germany or from one of our EU locations.*
In the department “Flight Production and Passenger Logistics” within Airline IT, we are looking for a talented and dedicated Solution Architect to accompany our agile development teams. As Solution Architect you will join your colleagues on the quest of creating ever more reliable and innovative technological solutions, as to realise the best possible travel experience for our customers.
The Cloud Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art cloud engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape, the Cloud Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will work with your team to shape engineering processes and practices, promote quality-first ethos, champion continuous improvement and technical excellence
- With your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations around New Skies® which is at the centre of our system landscape
- You will use your strong technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, cloud-focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working and the continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation
- You will need to ensure that software development and delivery is consistent. You will take proactive corrective action where required. For example quality improvement of the software code and improving automation to enhance software delivery
- To achieve this, you will be required to understand the coding standards defined within TUI, AWS software technologies and UI standards to create successful and quality deliverables
- You will delivering cloud enablement services to agile teams, supporting them in their adoption of the AWS cloud platform, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security, FinOps services and education & training
- You will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively
- Applied knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment
- Proven hands-on experience with AWS and in designing and implementing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices
- Ideally you have programming skills to work with multiple software development technologies, e.g. C#, .NET-Framework, .NET Core, MS SQL, MySQL database
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. IP, DNS, firewalling, load-balancing and VPNs
- Associate level or higher AWS certification
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, threat modelling and risk mitigation techniques
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services within agile teams
- Be an advocate of the DevOps culture and principles
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner?
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go.
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
#AWS #Cloud #DevSecOps #TUI #greatteam