What do Project Managers want? Good funding. Interesting products. A great team. Full autonomy to run NPD projects from concept to completion? That describes us and this role. If where you work isn't like this, and you want it to be - we'd love to hear from you! We design and manufacture a range of electro-mechanical machinery and systems from our site in Bedford.
BASIC SALARY: £40,000 - £50,000 dependant on your relevant experience
· 25 Days Holiday & Bank Holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Luton, Flitwick, Biggleswade, Royston, Northampton, Rushden, Wellingborough, Milton Keynes, Stevenage, Huntingdon
Reasons you might want to apply for this Project Manager role:
· This is a brand-new role through expansion – you can really make this project role your own!
· We will give you full responsibility for the whole product life cycle from concept through to completion
· We are expanding our R&D team by up to 5 new engineers. You can be involved in shaping the engineering team and enhancing your own career development
JOB DESCRIPTION: Project Manager - electro mechanical machinery / systems
In this brand-new role, you will be the go-to person for the product line you are project managing.
Working within a project team of experience Project Managers, you will become a real technical expert in our niche products and systems.
Reporting into the Engineering Manager – you will be the Lead Project Manager / Project Engineer during all NPD projects than you are fronting. You will utilise a very competent R&D team which will help you to be successful.
We are looking to grow our R&D team by a further five heads in 2021 - so this really is an exciting time to join us!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES: Project Manager - electro mechanical machinery / systems
· You will manage the full project life cycle (NPD) for your product line
· Maintenance & revision of schematics (mechanical & electrical), BOM’s and production line assembly instructions
· Work with the engineering department on continuous improvement projects to identify and analyse product improvements or cost savings, develop product quality and reliability
· Review customer technical specifications for compliance & CE marking
· As a Senior Project Manager, you will be the primary point of contact between internal and external stakeholders and customers throughout the project life-cycle
YOUR BACKGROUND: Project Manager- electro mechanical machinery / systems
· You will have a proven background within project management or project engineering with exposure to delivering New Product Development from concept through to completion
· You will have a strong Engineering background – (ideally electro-mechanical) – we are particularly interested in electro-mechanical machinery, control panels, PLC’s, HVAC systems, battery systems, capital equipment, power electronics or BMS
· Your background in CAD / Design / 2D / 3D modelling will allow you to generate schematics & BOM’s if needed – we use SolidWorks & AutoCAD; but we don’t mind where your software experience lies
· You will be comfortable working with an ERP system – we use a BAAN / INFOR system - but again we are open minded on your specific systems experience
Ideally, you will be educated to a degree or equivalent in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline – but we still welcome your application if you are an experienced Project Manager / Project Engineer and you have been down the ONC / HNC / apprentice route rather than university.
We design and manufacture electro-mechanical units and systems with a heavy focus on new product development. Established nearly 30 years and now part of an international group – we employ just under 100 people in the UK and are growing year on year.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Manager, NPD, product, development, design, electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, machinery, control panels, PLC’s, HVAC, battery, system, power electronics, BMS, R&D, life cycle, engineering, automotive, aviation, fabrication, fabricate, sheet metal, SAP, Oracle, BAAN, INFOR.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: SP16400, Wallace Hind Selection