*The position is based in Hanover/ Germany, but can be managed on a mobile basis to a large extent.*
We are looking for a DevOps and System Engineer Microsoft & AWS, a little bit more focused on infrastructure (Infrastructure as a code), to join an Infrastructure Team supporting business critical travel applications (managing hotels and cruise ships) and their migration into a modern environement of cloud-based set of applications
ABOUT THE JOB
Our constantly changing world of tourism and travel, our huge portfolio and our world leading position in the travel industry, requires unique processes and every day new challenges. As a dedicated and committed DevOps and System Engineer Microsoft & AWS (m/f/d) you will support a businesss critical infrastructure for Hotel Resorts and Cruise applications. You will within the next years transform the infrastructure into an infrastructure as a code based on the AWS cloud. Your solutions are based on sustainable technical concept, an effective choice of technology and a performing implementation. Your feel comfortable in an international, agile environment and you like to engage yourself in a cross functional team. These are your tasks in detail:
- You run, support and administrate a Windows server-based environment with MS-SQL DBs
- You create architecture- and design blue prints to develop and run our AWS environment and automated delivery of infrastructure in a close partnership with your developers or application providers.
- Automation is part of your DNA: Design and Implementation of Infrastructure as a code to deliver automated provisioning of system platforms.
- You will work on the evaluation and integration on new AWS services, and drive the migration from our on premise environment into the cloud.
- You are coaching your developers and application providers to support a robust operation and ensure to keep our software always up-to-date.
- You advise your developers and application providers about infrastructure components and how they interact and implementing security by design.
- You work self-reliant and share responsibility using agile methods in your team.
- You will be a technical adviser and expert for your Product Owner and technical leads.
- You monitor performance and usage of our systems and initiates mitigations if necessary
- You have a technical degree in IT or comparable IT expertise and experience acquired on-the-job
- You have excellent knowledge and experience in running IT infrastructure technology based on Windows Server (2008) 2012+ and MS-SQL DB and/or you have already gained first experience with AWS cloud services and virtualization technology (Docker, Kubernetes) and you are familiar with automation configuration management (Infrastructure as a Code) and deployment tools like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation or Ansible
- You know how to configure and run monitoring tools (logging, metrics und alerting)
- You understand network technology, administration and monitoring
- You are used to communicate in an international environment using fluent business English
- You are a team player with distinctive abilities to organize and to solve problems
- You are open in learning the technologiy skills that are required to run our business and open to share your knowledge within your team
- You would characterize your way of working as proactive and quality oriented
- You are driven by innovation
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package and 30 days of paid vacation per year
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.