TEC Partners are working with one of the most exciting sports analytics companies in the UK, that uses data to support major sports teams like Barcelona, AC Milan and Chelsea Football Club, scout world-class talent and identify how to beat opposition. We are looking for a Data Engineer (Remote) to join the talented AI Team and build cutting-edge capabilities for sport analytics and applications across the business.
You will be working with industry leading data engineers to help develop and hone your skills, as well as having the opportunity to gain skills in other disciplines such as computer vision and machine learning. The working culture is creative, collaborative, open and informal, whilst maintaining high standards in working ethos and coding best practice.
What's exciting about this Data Engineering opportunity is that you will have a direct impact on the ability to deliver insights to customers, driving success on the field, media space and fan engagement. With over 30 million events being analysed every year - within Football alone - there's an abundance of opportunity to expand this business into other sports like American Football, Rugby, Formula 1 and Golf.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, with a familiarity of database technologies like Snowflake, Big Query, Spark, Postgres, MongoDB etc.
- Extensive experience of ETL development, processes and data pipelines including data administration, manipulation, data pipeline engineering, lineage tracking, data processing automation, data validation, data preparation and curation
- Experience in cloud data API design and implementation e.g. RESTful & Storage APIs, GraphQL
- Professional experience of data engineering methodologies such as Data Lakes, Data warehouses
- Strong experience with programming languages such as Python
- Proven experience of end-to-end full software development life cycle and best practice methodologies, including Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of messaging, event or streaming technology such as Apache Kafka
- Experience and knowledge in cloud technologies like AWS
- Familiar with data engineering and development for machine learning development
- Reporting, dashboards and data visualisations using a variety of tools e.g. Power BI, QuickSight, Tableau
In return, the role is offering:
- Excellent career development opportunities
- A collaborative and diverse team environment
- Remote and flexible working as well as wellbeing benefits
- Family friendly policies
- Team lunches
- Competitive salaries
- Competitive stock option package for all employees
For more information, please contact Harry Calvert at TEC Partners and apply now.