We are working with a world leading manufacturing company on the outskirts of Cambridge who are recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team. You will be working closely with customers to understand their requirements and produce 3D models and drawings using Solidworks. Therefore you must be confident at using Solidworks and previous experience working as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Location: Outskirts of Cambridge
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm or 9am - 5pm
Salary: up to £42,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Free onsite parking, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Private healthcare, Pension, Annual company bonus
Please note some occasional international and domestic travel will be required for this position.
- Producing engineering drawings for both new products and to update existing designs
- Produce 3D models using Solidworks CAD
- Liaise with customers to understand their requirements, Design, develop products from concept to finished products
- Validate and verify design function using software analysis
- Work closely with Production/Engineering and provide relevant Engineering documentation
- Prepare and present reports and test results from fault finding on existing products
- Support Sales, Marketing and Engineering with any technical issues from installations
Skills / Experience:
- Experience using Solidworks CAD
- Previous experience working within Automation, Robotics, Printing industries or Fluid Dynamics
- Have excellent communication skills to liaise with internal colleagues and external customers
- Engineering degree or qualification would be a benefit
- Driving license to visit customers sites
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Permanent vacancy.