I have recruited for this organisation for over ten years, and having successfully placed many candidates with them, I can recommend them highly to you. The organisation is looking for a skilled and highly organised administrator for a twelve-month temporary position, however, this may transition into a fixed term contract.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent skills in IT, written and verbal communication, organisation, accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to work with a high degree of professionalism and integrity. This is a varied and multifaceted role that will have lots of autonomous duties and will require the utmost skill to ensure deadlines and responsibilities are met.
- Diary Management, solely manage and maintain the diaries for senior team, prioritising and ensuring competing meetings and tasks are smoothly arranged and that deadlines are met.
- Deal with all correspondence and phone calls, prioritise actions and replies and drafting responses.
- Solely responsible for processing expense claims and accurate tracking of expenditure and reimbursement.
- Authorise payment of invoices e.g.for travel and accommodation.
- Organise all aspects of scientific conferences and for ensuring conferences and meetings remain within budget.
- Create database to track delegates and payments,process payments.
- Make purchases and analyse credit card statements.
- Raise sponsorship for conferences.
- Responsible for financial tracking of grants, including preparing monthly time-sheets on behalf of Group Leaders and all other staff involved in grant.
- Ensure Group Leaders approve high-cost purchases in timely manner.
- Maintain databases of donors and process donations.
- Providing secretarial support at meetings, preparing agendas, organise the catering.
- Research and book all travel arrangements associated with trips, including air/railtravel, insurance, accommodation and visas (if required).
- Prepare detailed itineraries and keep a database of expenditure and reimbursements.
- Perform internet searches for scientific papers or other publications.
- Place orders on behalf of all lab members.
- Organise all aspects of laboratory retreats, including sourcing venues (attendance may be required).
- Maintain websites by collating information to pass to webmaster.
- Submit and arrange payment associated with manuscript publication.
- Recruitment administration
- Preparing grant applications and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Other adhoc duties, as required
- A level or equivalent in English and Maths
- Advanced Microsoft skills
- Knowledge of Diary Management software
- Experience of using a networked email system
- Good IT and analytical skills
- Minute taking
- Highly organised,pro-active individual with a positive professional manner and a keen eye for detail
- Highest level of discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential information, sensitive issues or high profile contacts.
- Ability to use own initiative and judgement, especially in absence of senior staff and leaders
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Good time management and ability to multitask and prioritise a diverse and changing workload
- Experience in contributing to the development and implementation of administrative systems and processes would be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to deal tactfully and confidently with people at all levels
- Proven high-level PA and administration experience
Location: Cambridge and home working
Vacancy Type: Temporary, 12 months
Start Date: ASAP