Customer Support & Integration Engineer
Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.30
Our client is based in Fareham, employing approximately 70 people. They design and manufacture for Wind Turbine manufacturers on site, and deliver systems to customers in Europe, Asia and the US.
The company has grown rapidly in the past 18 months and continues to expand in all areas. They are passionate about what they do, and they pride themselves on creating a positive environment for their employees to work.
- Provide direct and timely support for our customers. Fielding questions and queries by identifying any existing support material or producing them to help resolve the query.
- Liaise with the Engineering and Production teams to understand solutions in more detail, you will then be responsible for liaising back to the customers
- Provide intermediary help (introductions, meetings, tracking and closeout) between the internal technical experts and customers for the most complex issues
- Work closely with business development and account management colleagues to provide positive and harmonious customer relationships
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate organised, methodical and time management skills. Strong communication and IT skills are essential for this role.
- Candidates should have a general engineering mindset and be able to grasp mechanical, electrical and software concepts to a level sufficient to triage customer support requests
- Working closely with QHSE and production quality controls to ensure knowledgeable and timely responses to customer warranty or returns queries
- Knowledge of composites, materials, fibre optics, software programming, PLCs or electronics would be advantageous, but not required
- Experience with 3D CAD modelling tools (e.g. Solidworks, Inventor, NX, Fusion 360) or enjoy learning and using them would be advantageous, but not essential
- There may be opportunities to visit customers’ engineering centres overseas for relationship building or training
Qualifications and experience:
- Recent graduate or experienced HND / EngTech with 3 years’ experience in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- Must have a desire to learn and understand our company products to a reasonable level of technical detail and appreciate the key elements of our customer’ applications and how they influence integration and deployment of our products
- Fully computer literate and enjoy communicating, report writing and summarising data to present to the team using Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc
- Must be a confident and professional communicator who is able to support customers with technical issues by telephone, Skype, email or in person
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Self-motivated and ability to liaise with others to get the job done
- Passionate about your chosen subject area
- Team player
- Honest and high integrity
- Professional attitude
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 3 days)
- Private medical cover
- Enhanced Workplace pension
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Christmas shutdown
- Free refreshments and weekly fruit boxes
- Free onsite parking