Electronics Design EngineerPermanent positions and Contract positions available Based Fareham, South CoastWill need a Design Engineer who is willing to work on site Monday to Friday
In this role you will be required to create design solutions for state of the art electronic/electrical products in line with the company’s business needs through innovation, creativity and professionalism.Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle electronics design: from concept to test
- Mixed signal electronic design
- Microprocessor system design
- Board layout principles
- Interface buses and protocols including I2C, SPI, RS485, CAN and Ethernet
- Design for LVD/EMC Compliance
- Development of requirements specifications and test procedures
- System level integration and testing
- To work with minimal supervision either on your own or within project teams
- “Hands on” “can do” approach to the above
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with extensive professional experience
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE)
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information & Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times.
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business and delivery objectives or deadlines.
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by a your Supervisor or Manager from time to time.
- To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
- Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment.
- Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; “Do the right thing even when no one is looking.”
- Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns.
- Deliver all products and services in line with company quality standards to ensure they meet their customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.