Power Electronics Design EngineerFareham6 months – outside IR35£50-55P/H
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Power Electronics design engineer with a leading organisation based in the Fareham area on an initial 6-month contract basis.
My client is leading, innovative manufacturing business, specialising in underwater robotics across the commercial and defence sectors.
The Power Electronics design engineer will be confident in their abilities to research and identify cutting-edge solutions for challenging problems, whilst taking pride in their attention to detail and design integrity.
The Power Electronics design engineer is required to have a good understanding of powertrain architectures, power distribution systems and experience with the design and test of various power supply technologies.The Power Electronics Design Engineer will be required to have the following experience;
- Create new electronics designs from first principle, through the development lifecycle to production release
- Power supply design AD-DC, DC-DC, Inversion
- Experience with one or more of the following topologies: Phase-Shift Full-Bridge, Resonant LLC Half/Full-Bridge, Flyback, Buck/Boost, 3-Phase Inverter (up to 100kW)
- General knowledge of power switching devices – MOSFETs, Si-IGBT (Wide-Bandgap desired)
- Experience with the design and optimisation of gate-drive circuitry
- High Frequency Transformer and Magnetics design
- A good understanding of thermal management techniques for through-hole and surface mount devices
- The ability to use modelling and simulation to facilitate design and prototyping
- Good knowledge in both digital and analogue design concepts
- Design for LVD/EMC Compliance
- Development of requirements specifications and test procedures
- System level integration and testing
- Experience of filter design and implementation
- High Voltage Experience up to 5kV
- Thermal modelling experience
- Motor design and control (BLDC, PMSM, Induction, Axial/Radial Flux)
- Embedded, FPGA, CPLD
- Serial Comms Protocol: Ethernet, SPI, I2C, CAN, CAN-FD
If you are interested in the position, please apply with an updated CV.