Job Title: Registered General Nurse
Salary: £19.50 per hour
Job type: Full time - Nights. Must be able to work every other weekend.
Highbury House Nursing Home is part of the Southcare Homes Group. We are a family-run business with strong company values (Support, Passion, Attention, Dedication & Empathy) that are at the heart of what we do here. We are passionate about enhancing the lives of our service users and staff alike. We support our staff in every aspect of their role and are dedicated to making the workplace a happy environment. If you share these values, we feel you'll be a brilliant addition to our team.
Highbury House is a privately-run nursing home in Rottingdean that is looking for someone to become our Registered General Nurse for Night Shifts.
Our company values are an integral part of life at our home and they are woven into our day to day roles. They are support, passion, attention, dedication, and empathy. Adopting these values into your role will help you to:
- Support the nursing and management team by providing impeccable care for service users and through diligent supervision and of other staff members
- Be passionate about providing skilled, high-quality nursing care for our service users in the interest of best nursing practice
- Pay attention to paperwork by keeping and maintaining medical / nursing records as requested by the Manager and Registering Authority
- Show dedication to your role by n take as much enjoyment as we expect our service users to receive.
- Show empathy towards service users by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating their care needs on an individual basis
Experience & Personal Skills
- Direct experience of understanding the personal care and potential nursing needs of older people
- Experience of "sole charge" situation and the management/supervision of others
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and support your team
Qualifications & Essentials
- REQUIRED: Qualified Registered Nurse (RN2 must have recognised managerial qualification or training to progress beyond pt 29 (see manager for details)
- Ability to administer medication including controlled drugs and PR medication
- Qualified NVQ assessor (or willingness to achieve this as required)
- Satisfactory DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check and Adult First.
- To work with the scope of the Data Protection Act 1998 and adherence to all Data Protection Legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- To work at all times within the guidelines of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, Employee Handbook, Company Policy and Procedure for Infection Control and Company Health and Safety Policy and Procedure, to be aware of all fire exit means of escape from the Home.
Click APPLY today and see how we can help you put care back into your career. We look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Nurse, Elderly Care, Registered Care Worker, Nursing and Midwifery Council, Elderly Care Nurse, Nursing, General Nurse, may also be considered for this role.