Assistant Management Accountant - 2 year FTA
Abingdon Rd, Culham, UK
Department: Finance & Business Systems
Salary: £27,899 to £29,761 plus excellent benefits including outstanding pension
Confirmed grade: Level 3
Site location: UKAEA Culham, Oxfordshire
By 2050, the planet could be using twice as much electricity compared to today. Are you interested in contributing and helping to shape the future of the world’s energy? If so, read on.
Fusion, the process that powers the Sun and Stars, is one of the most promising options for generating the cleaner, carbon-free energy that our world badly needs. UKAEA are at the forefront of realising energy from fusion, working with industry and research partners to deliver the ground-breaking developments that will underpin tomorrow's fusion power stations with the aim of bringing fusion electricity to the grid.
As we work towards our mission and goals, UKAEA has devised values that capture the spirit of how we work. These values include being: Innovative, Committed, Trusted and Collaborative.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an Assistant Management Accountant to join our collaborative Finance team for a period of 2 years. You will join us at a time of rapid expansion and will be expected to carry out a varied and broad set of financial responsibilities. You will gain exposure to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and will be given the opportunity to support wider finance initiatives.
To be considered, you will have the ability to interact confidently with varied stakeholders, will be a team player and have an inclusive approach to work. You will have exceptional attention to detail and will be a proficient Excel user. You must be part-qualified (AAT, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) or will be able to demonstrate equivalent experience.
What will you be responsible for?
- Managing period end accounting entries (allocation journals, accruals, prepayments, income recognition)
- Preparing periodic, quarterly reporting
- Maintaining project structures within our business system (Unit 4 Business World)
- Customer invoicing
- Capital reporting/administration for assets under construction
- Assisting with annual/quarterly budgeting/forecasting exercise
Essential skills, experience and competence required
- Experience of ERP accounting system
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to manipulate and handle numeric data accurately to produce reports
- Strong time management skills including the ability to prioritise the workload
- Good attention to detail
- Part-qualified accountant e.g. AAT, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent experience
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Able to interact confidently with varied stakeholders
Desirable skills, experience and competence
- Able to interpret and present financial information to non-financial stakeholders
- Fully AAT qualified
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A culture committed to being fully inclusive, supported by a Being Inclusive Strategy and Inclusion Ambassadors
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health First Aiders, with a full calendar of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working options including family friendly policies
- Emergency leave (paid)
- 30.5 days’ annual leave (including privilege days and 3 days between Christmas and New Year) increased with length of service
- Wide range of career development opportunities (e.g. professional registration, internal promotions, coaching and mentoring programme)
- Outstanding defined benefit pension scheme
- Annual corporate bonus scheme
- Relocation allowance (if eligible)
We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particularly from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. The Executive team with support from our EDI 'Equality, Diversity and Inclusion’ (EDI) partner and Inclusion Ambassadors, is actively promoting EDI and taking steps to increase the diversity of our people through reinforcing best practice in recruitment and selection, and revaluating approaches where it is clear we can remove barriers to success. We are easily accessible by car and are a 10-minute walk from Culham Railway Station in Oxfordshire.
Please be advised that this vacancy is due to close on 22.10.2021. We may close earlier than this date if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.