We are looking to recruit a Production and Quality Manager for a day to day organisation and running of the plant and Quality systems. This includes ensuring compliance with Site KPI’s, liaising with internal colleagues, customers and other outside parties in relation to Production and Quality issues.
Bodycote operates an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil & gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s leading provider of heat treatments and specialist thermal processing services and is a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain, employing over 4,500 people in 22 countries. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
- Management of all site personnel, including communication, appraisal, disciplinary matters, employee hours and shift working arrangements.
- Involvement in maintaining a world class H&S environment.
- Managing customer service levels and customer visits.
- Developing efficient use of production capacity.
- Assisting the Works Manager (based off site) with financial matters.
- Management and reporting of site performance.
- Be the site customer representative for quality / performance matters.
- Represent the site in all first, second and third party quality audits.
- Liaise with customers & suppliers in regard to complaints, non-conformances & key performance measures.
- Maintain control of the department/laboratory inspection activities and manage labour resource.
- Maintain Product Quality & Site Process Validation activities in accordance with QMS/Customer requirements.
- Certify Product / Process as required.
- Train, Evaluate, Develop and Appraise department staff appropriately.
- Facilitate effective Root Cause & Corrective Action as necessary.
- Perform site inspection product / process verification activities / audits as necessary.
- Inspect own work to identify trends & maintain quality standards.
- Maintain effective timely no surprise reporting.
- Responsible for the management of site calibration systems.
- Represent the site in all first, second and third party quality or technical audits to maintain and/or gain necessary accreditations or approvals required for the business and lead responsibility for any non-conformance actions.
- Good housekeeping and general upkeep and safety of the working environment. Operate in a safe manner and undertake any training necessary to enable you to fulfil the requirements of your position.
- Be committed to a "right first time" approach to all tasks carried out.
- To uphold your statutory duty of care for your own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Suitably qualified in Quality, Engineering or a Metallurgical discipline is preferred.
- Leadership/management qualified with proven experience.
Experience / knowledge
- Direct experience of standard Quality Engineering tools, skills and tasks, e.g. 8D, RCCA, pFMEA, Gauge R&R, 5S, Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement Techniques and Quality Management Systems.
- Some materials knowledge and experience of standard Metallographic Laboratory techniques is desirable.
- Experience of working and communicating directly with customers.
Qualities / attributes
- Team worker, concern for accuracy and quality, good communicator, flexible, initiative, customer focused, conscientious with a hands on approach and good planning and organising.
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary and Pension - match contribution from 4% - 10%
- Life Assurance - 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites and free refreshments provided
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus national holidays
How to apply:
Send your CV with salary expectation using the contact options above. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file and will contact you if a position arises that matches your experience. Good luck in your job search.