Up to £45K (Negotiable on Experience)
A world leading manufacturer of a niche product with a very strong reputation in their market place - holding products with #1 market positions are looking for a compliance engineer with experience in an electro-mechanical machinery environment.
The business has a state of the art manufacturing facility in the area, as well as others in the UK and across the globe and despite the global pressures at the moment caused by covid have actually strengthened their market position winning new business and making exciting acquisitions.
As a Compliance Engineer it is essential that you will have an excellent understanding of Machinery Directives and EMC Directives as an absolute minimum and ideally ROSH Directive as well.
You will have autonomy in a pivotal position but will have an excellent support of other compliance engineers and senior staff in the UK and Abroad.
Working for a business with a strong research and development focus you will be ensuring both existing and new products meet regulatory standards and approvals.
This job would suite someone in a compliance position already or an Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical) who has taken responsibility for many of the duties and would like to step into a dedicated compliance engineer role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate, review, and regularly maintain all product technical files, preparing and issuing declaration of conformities for new product development activity and for existing product ranges.
- Product risk assessments
- Generation and adherence to all relevant EHSRs
- Monitor and report on new and updated regulations and standards and their impacts on the company’s products.
- Perform, and/or manage third parties when conducting compliance audits on new development and existing products.
- Project scopes range from a single market to occasional multinational global platforms requiring involvement with the wider global organisation
- Support sales teams on identification of applicable legislation in potential target markets.
- Where required investigate global compliance market requirements, identify and investigate areas of unknown legislation, consult with specialist and provide guidance on best route to conformity to the business.
- Perform compliance assessments and provide compliance guidance on PCTO projects.
- Interact with the supply chain and suppliers to source necessary compliance information for technical files.
- Generation of product installation and user guides, ensuring that all relevant compliance and safety information pertaining to the product is incorporated.
- Ensuring compliance to external manufacturing regulatory bodies, NSF, UL, TUV, CSA, etc. Subject to external independent audits.
- Educated to at least HNC in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A current Compliance Engineer or Certification Engineer
- Ideally evidence of hands-on experience with machinery, be it design, development, engineering management or maintenance.
- Evidence of good working knowledge and understanding of the following EU Directives
- Machinery Directive (Essential)
- EMC Directive (Essential)
- RED Directive
- ROHS Directive
- Experience in CE and UKCA compliance, and working with C Type-standards (testing requirements, process, and procedures)
- Experience of the REACH Regulation, SVHCs, SCIPs and being able to assess compliance.
- Experience of testing to UL & NSF standards for sale into international markets
- Knowledge of additional EU and UK legislation applicable: o Food safety legislation in contact with food
- Water regulations e.g. WRAS, DVGW, ACS
- Experience of working with reliable third party test facilities
This is the chance to work as a Compliance Engineer for a global business with market leading products at a state of the art facility working with niche products.
If you would like more details on the role please apply and someone will be in touch.