This is a great opportunity to join an award winning organisation, named Best Sustainable Housing Association in Wales 2021. We are one of the largest social housing landlords in Wales, with over 9,000 properties across our region, making a difference to our communities.
As we continue to grow we are excited to add the role of Data Protection and Compliance Officer to our Corporate Services Team. This is a permanent role with a salary £40251 a year.
About the role
The role of Data Protection and Compliance Officer is a vital role within our Corporate Services Team as the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring organisational compliance with data protection legislation and regulations. This is an all-encompassing role which will focus on the proactively improving the organisation’s resilience to Data Protection
The new Data Protection and Compliance Officer will:
- Serve as an expert in Data Protection and support colleagues to manage data in line with policies, procedures and regulations
- Be experienced in developing and managing compliance frameworks for data protection and go above and beyond to provide excellent customer service, both internally and externally, through how we protect, manage and communicate with customers and staff about their data.
- Have demonstrable experience in a customer focused sector and show this through examples of building effective relationship with individuals and teams across the organisation as well as acting a lead contact for all ICO data protection queries and investigations
- Be innovative in their approach and the ability to think strategically; seeking new and better ways to ensure compliance whilst inspiring others to consistently consider data protection within their activities.
In order to be successful in the role of Data Protection and Compliance Officer we are looking for a new team member who has –
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- High levels of personal resilience
- High levels accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- A BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection or working towards
- Flexible and Remote Working options
- Generous stakeholder pension scheme (rising to 8% contributions)
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Corporate benefits including employee discount schemes with major retailers
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Please see attached Data Protection and Compliance Officer role profile for the full job description and person specification.